[THIN] Re: Phantom Printer Drivers

  • From: "Matt Kosht" <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 10:58:17 -0500

Have you tried going into the Printers applet, File, Server properties
then removed the drivers, then forced a refresh in CMC?  Citrix might be
looking at the driver files themselves in and not the registry.  Leave
the HP LJ II (this is used by UPD I think)
-Matt

>>> L.Seitz@xxxxxxx 12/4/2003 9:51:48 AM >>>

Metaframe XPe Farm, Windows 2000 SP3

Yesterday I wanted to remove some printer drivers off my servers so
that I
would force client printers to use the UPD, so I went into the registry
and
manually removed them from
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windo
ws NT x86\Drivers\Version-3.  I then rebooted the servers.  Problem is
that
they still show up in the CMC under Printer Management\Drivers, even
after
doing a refresh.

How do I clear them from Printer Management\Drivers?
This Week's Sponsor - ThinPrint .Print Server Engine
Thinprint can help you save money, protect resources,
simplify administration, save time and increase
flexibility by solving all of your printing needs.
http://www.thinprint.com