[THIN] Outlook file synchronization - please help!

  • From: adamadz <adz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:19:16 -0500

We have some executives that want to be able to use OSTs, or some other
solution so that they can synchronize their Outlook mail and keep a copy
offline through Citrix.  They're the ones that do a lot of traveling and are
looking to hookup at an airport to download their mail, then hop on the next
flight and work offline.  We're running Metaframe XPe FR2 SP2.. Now, the
default transforms file that Outlook 2000 uses for Terminal Server disables
this option.  I read a Microsoft article that says Outlook 2002 does not
support OST files through Terminal Server, but is this the case as well with
Outlook 2000?  Does anyone have any other suggestions as to how I can
configure this for about 3-5 key users?  I've tried creating a server rule
where all incoming mail is copied to a PST file, but they complain that it's
slow and that it has locked up several times.  Any suggestions would be
*greatly* appreciated.  Thank you!

-adamadz-