[THIN] Re: Office 2003

  • From: "Dunn, Nancy" <NDunn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 09:56:10 -0500

Thanks guys.
I will keep use this again, I'm sure.
Nancy

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:53 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Office 2003

Or uninstall and reinstall Outlook in Change User /install (typed from a
command prompt prior to installing) mode and run it as admin once it is
installed.

JK

Jeff Pitsch <jepitsch@> wrote:

        Use regmon and filemon to track down the permissions from
http://www.sysinternals.com <http://www.sysinternals.com/> .  Use the
highlight feature to highlight the access denied messages.

        Jeff Pitsch

        On 3/20/06, Dunn, Nancy <NDunn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

                Okay, I know I should leave well enough alone. Bu t
while my Mexico
                office way out I thought I would update them to Office
2003 on my Citrix
                server.
                Now the only way I can get their Outlook to open is to
give them
                admiistrator previlges to the server.
                When I try to open Outlook it says it is "installing",
but I have
                already installed it and opened it as that user (as
administrator) and
                everything worked.  When I take away the administrator
rights they can't
                open Outlook.
                Can any one tell me the settings I need to change to
make this work??
                Thanks
                Nancy

Jim Kenzig <mailto:web at kenzig.com>