[THIN] Re: Office 2000 and no assistant installed popup

  • From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 01:31:57 -0000

Im running 2003 SP1 TS + PS4 here with Office 2000 Sp3 + Patches and i dont see
that issue at all.

I dont have the latest ms06-0012 patches applied yet.
The only issue i found with 2003 and Office 2000 was a patch required to make
it not prompt users to register the software.

What happens if you set the GPO to disable the Office assistant ?
What entries and values have you got in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\Assistant ?

and

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Common\Assistant

Any msi installer messages in the event logs ?