[THIN] Re: OT: Will this work

  • From: "Chris Lynch" <lynch00@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:59:50 -0700

Yes you can.  You will have to set costs not only in the DNS records
(MX Priority is what it's called), but also on the Internet Mail
Connector.  If you want to load balance, then you would set one of
the IMC's to a higher value than the other.  You can set them to both
the same value if you just want mail to go out either one and you
really don't care.  This is more for failover than anything else.

I would recommend getting another server that would be your SMTP
gateway, so no one from the outside can either crash or hack into
your Exchange servers.

CHRIS LYNCH -  MCSE, CCNA, CCA
NETWORK ENGINEER - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
NRT Incorporated, 27271 Las Ramblas, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Chris.lynch@xxxxxxxxxx  Tel 949.367.3406