[THIN] Re: OT - WAN Compression

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:22:46 -0500

George
We had the same problem at our library.  If you can't get more bandwidth the
best thing to look at is a packetshaping device.
(http://www.packetshaper.com) This is what we used to control bandwidth
until we got more of it.  Basically what you want to do is set higher
priority to your critical applications like your catalog so that those
transactions get through.

We just upgraded to a T3 and man what a difference.  I have 2 of them
sitting idle here... have any monitors to trade?

Regards,
Jim Kenzig

Behalf

http://www.lincc.lib.or.us