[THIN] Re: OT: Poll Hard Drive Manufacturers

  • From: "Tim Anderson" <timothylanderson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 13:29:35 -0500

My experience with Seagate has been similar.  Multiple DOA's via the RMA
process.  All the drives I've had problems with have been manufactured in
Thailand.  I've had no problems with Seagate drives manufactured in China or
Singapore.  You are correct the RMA process stinks and generally leaves you
without a drive for weeks unless you want to pay an expedite fee.