[THIN] OT Opaserv virus

  • From: "Jeff Stockard" <JStockard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 07:30:11 -0500

I have a client PC that is infected with the Opaserv e and the Opaserv g
virus.  I went to the Symantec site and downloaded the tool to fix this
(onto a floppy from a clean PC and write protected the floppy to avoid
cross contamination).  I took the PC off the network, turned off Auto
Restore (Windows ME) and booted to safe mode.  I ran the tool and the
virus came back.  I followed the same procedures again (the directions
say to run this until the PC comes up clean).  The tool said I did not
have the virus any more.
Two days later (still off the network and Auto restore still off) she
had the virus again.  This time I manually deleted every file listed on
the Symantec instructions (brasil*.*, cuzao*.*, cronos*.*, marco*.*,
scrsvr*.*, tmp.ini and put.ini(from all directories)).  When I rebooted
her PC before I went home, the virus was back.
Does anyone have an idea where this could be coming from?
Thank you,
Jeff
Jesus Loves You