[THIN] Re: OT Opaserv virus

  • From: "Martin F. Daly" <mdaly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:16:28 -0500

Jeff,
    2 suggestions...1.) run the clean and AS SOON AS IT IS DONE, pull
the power cord on the machine...some viruses re-infect when you do
anything else. 2.) Disconnect the floppy drive cable and when the user
comes to you saying that they can't run a particular program that they
usually run, you then can clean the floppy they bring to you...( the
theory here is that if you ask if they have put any floppies in the
drive, you may not be getting a straight answer, whereas if you unplug
the drive cable, they will then come to you at the right
time).unplugging a modem would follow the same logic here....
HTH
--- marty ---