[THIN] Re: OT: HELP! All domain accounts getting locked out!

  • From: "Paul DeHaan" <wppad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 13:17:07 -0500

First thing I would do is immediately change all passwords that have admin
status in case someone has gained access this way and is programmatically
disabling logins.  If you have a network analyzer, you might be able to tell if
one particular workstation or connection is transmitting a large amount of
traffic (if it is brute force).  Also check your GPO's for any newly added
scripts.

Regards,
Paul DeHaan

>>> emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 01/04/05 12:38PM >>>
All 1000+ of my domain accounts are being locked out. It's like someone
is trying to brute force the accounts directly, but I can't say if
that's the case or not.  This has been going on for about an hour.  I'm
not sure how I can track down from what machines these accounts are all
being locked from.  On my DC's I'm just seeing failed logins because of
locked accounts, but not the lockout attempts logging.

http://www.seamlessplanet.com