[THIN] Re: OT: HELP! All domain accounts getting locked out!

  • From: "Jim Kenzig Kenzig.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:56:50 -0800 (PST)

Not sure why but there is a resource kit utility called Lockout status that may
help you out a bit. It is in the Windows 2003 resource kit but works on 2000.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en

JK

Evan Mann <wrote:

All 1000+ of my domain accounts are being locked out. It's like someone is
trying to brute force the accounts directly, but I can't say if that's the case
or not.  This has been going on for about an hour.  I'm not sure how I can
track down from what machines these accounts are all being locked from.  On my
DC's I'm just seeing failed logins because of locked accounts, but not the
lockout attempts logging.