[THIN] Re: OT: Exchange AV scanner of choice

  • From: "Taylor, George" <gtaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 09:00:01 -0600

AntiGen from Sybari software has taken care of us very well.  It has
several engines you can subscribe to, Norman, NAI, SOPHOS, CA-IT, CA VET
and a worm list they keep.  It's pretty good at content filtering, i.e.
who's it from, whats the subject, file types, etc.., it also has a nice
template setup for deploying across mulitple Exchange servers.  Now
they'll do SPAM filtering for ya also, but we use another product for
that.

I run it on all of our Exchange servers, I just looked at our main SMTP
server (W2K, Exchange2000 on an XSeries 345), it's catching about 18 -
20 incidents per minute, it's purging most, but quarantining 1 or 2
every couple minutes or so and the server is basically idleing.

Every time I see one of these new piece of crap worms come out I whisper
to myself 'Damn I love Antigen...'

  _____