[THIN] MS Office

  • From: Bill Beckett <Bill.beckett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 16:13:42 -0500

Question about access licensing on a terminal server as I've heard different
versions and would like the lists input. If you install MS Access on a
terminal server, I was under the impression that a license was needed for
anyone who connected to that terminal server because they could potentially
run Access. First question...true?

Second question....could one not restrict availability by either not
publishing the app OR if their users were savvy enough to get to explorer
and run the executable, restrict access to to the executable file itself?