[THIN] Re: MS Office

  • From: Justin Miller <justinhmiller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 07:46:52 +1000

MS Application licences are needed if and only if the app is used.

Why install Access on your terminal server if you don't want people to
use it? It's not clear whether you are using TS or Citrix, if Citrix,
you have the option of publishing the app to whomever you choose and
locking down the exe with NTFS permissions. IF TS only then you can
only lock down the exe with NTFS permissions.

If you don't want anyone to use it, remove it!

--
Justin H. Miller
Miller Systems Engineering