[THIN] Re: MPS 3.0 licensing issue

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <Roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 14:33:32 -0500

Yeah. Since the new license files are tied to the hostname of the License
server you are tight. BUT since the new liceses also allow for the LIC
server to be down for 30 days you have no problems with one site being down.

A good way to do this is to setup the license server and keep a standby (in
the assumption that to recover you may have lost the primary site
permanently, like from a low yield tactical nuke or something) Anyway, The
MF server will notice that the license server is gone. They will then be
able to use ALL the licenses for 30 days, plenty of time to recover from
pretty much anything.

Ron

  _____