[THIN] Re: Load Balancing

  • From: "Chris Lynch" <lynch00@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:05:47 -0800

No.  Load Manager doesn't really use Resource Manager Metrics.  Keep in mind
that Resource Metrics are nothing more than Perfmon Counters.  And, Load
Manager uses PerfMon Counters to compute the current load of the server.
What hardware is on the new server and in your existing servers?  It just
might be that the Load Evaluator you have is computing a lower average load
than your existing servers.  Also, could you reply back with the output from
QFARM /LOAD?  Feel free to change the server names to fake server names.

Chris