[THIN] Load Balancing...

  • From: "Steve Rance" <Steve.Rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin @ Freelists (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 09:51:44 +0100

I have written a report/spec for upgrading our one Citrix server farm to =
a two server load-balanced farm upgrading from Metaframe XPs to XPa.   I =
gave a copy of the report to our IT consultant who came back saying that =
for load-balancing to work in Citrix you also need to upgrade to Windows =
2000 Server Advanced (rather than the Standard).

I disagreed with him, but am now unsure.  Can someone confirm whether I =
do need to upgrade to Advanced server or not.

Thanks,

Steve

> Steve Rance
> IT Manager
> Daly International
> This e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the =
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the =
intended recipient and you have received this e-mail in error then any =
use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is =
strictly prohibited and you should contact the sender by e-mail and then =
delete all material from your system.=20
> Any views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the =
individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with =
authority, states them to be the views of Daly International.=20
> This e-mail does not form part of a legally binding agreement. We have =
taken precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software viruses, =
but we advise that you carry out your own virus checks on any attachment =
to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage =
caused by software viruses