[THIN] Re: Limits of Latency

  • From: "Jan Broucinek" <tinybeetle@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:00:32 -0400

It depends on the app. In our experience,  If the user is typing, the max would
be about 150-200ms. If it is a click and select check-boxes type app, then
perhaps as high as 400-600ms would be acceptable. Satellite will NEVER be any
better than 600ms due to the distance involved and the speed of light.

Disconnects are generally caused by lost packets, you need to see how many
retries and packets you lose on the average connection.