[THIN] Limits of Latency

  • From: Christopher_Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:39:58 -0500

Hi, list.

Is there any documentation from Citrix or another source that sets a bound
on how much latency an ICA session will tolerate?

 I have a few new locations that have recently been set up our
WAN/Satellite guy to use a DirectWay satellite connection to the internet
then on into Nfuse and my MF 1.8 farm.  The problem is that these
locations experience frequent disconnects from ICA sessions to the point
of rendering Citrix unusable.  (No problems surfing mind you.) A ping from
them to us returns with a latency of 850-1000ms.   The best I remember
hearing from this list and elsewhere, latency beyond 300-400ms degrades
performance and can cause disconnects.  Is this accurate?  What is the max
latency tolerance by your experience?

Also,  I have already tweaked the recommended ICA time-out and TCP
retransmission settings with no results for this problem.  Is there any
other tweaking that might help?

Thanks in advance,

Christopher Wilson
Citrix Administrator