[THIN] Re: License Server over WAN

  • From: Magnus Hjorleifsson <magnus@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 20:00:06 -0500

We went through this about 2 years ago. Although it uses 27000 to connect it also uses a dynamically assisgned port as well. We hard coded this so we only have to open 27000 and 150. Citrix has an article that shows how to do this. If I find it I'll send it over

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 3, 2010, at 16:34, Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have done a license server over a WAN before where we had a nice fat VPN between sites. Worked well.

I now have to do one where i need to punch holes in the firewall.

Has anyone done this? is it just opening port 27000 outbound from the XenApp Server and then 27000 inbound to the License server. Maybe a DNS entry so the XenApp server can resolve the name.

I have to deal with other people on this and I am trying to have all my ducks in a row from the start on this.

any input from those of you who have done this before is appreciated.

Thanks!

Greg
Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist