[THIN] License Server over WAN

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 15:34:23 -0600

I have done a license server over a WAN before where we had a nice fat VPN
between sites.  Worked well.

I now have to do one where i need to punch holes in the firewall.

Has anyone done this?  is it just opening port 27000 outbound from the
XenApp Server and then 27000 inbound to the License server.  Maybe a DNS
entry so the XenApp server can resolve the name.

I have to deal with other people on this and I am trying to have all my
ducks in a row from the start on this.

any input from those of you who have done this before is appreciated.

Thanks!

Greg