[THIN] Re: Is it possible to change just the printer properties with a shortcut?

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 15:21:24 -0800 (PST)

Good Idea
  In a terminal services environment that would be the way to go. But adding 2
printers to 1000 desktops may not be so easy as just dropping an icon into the
users desktop folder.  I'll play around with it though.
  Jim

Vera Noest <Vera.Noest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Maybe I'm missing something, but why not simply create multiple logical
printers?
I have 3 printers, called "Single-black", "Double-black" and
Single-color", pointing to the same physical print device and driver,
but with different settings. Works like a charm.

The problem with your proposed metod seems to me that users will forget
which settings are the current settings + they have to get to the
shortcut on the desktop first before printing. Much easier to be able to
choose the appropriate printer from within the Print dialog of any
application.

Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net/