[THIN] Installing Office 2010 on RDS 2012

  • From: Michael Leone <oozerdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ntsysadm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 13:19:55 -0500

I have an app that I have published as a RemoteApp on Win 2012 RDS.
Now, this app has an option to output in Word or Excel format. So the
end users of RDS do not need to run Word or Excel, even as a published
RemoteApp, but the published RemoteApp needs them installed, in order
to write out it's output in Word/Excel.

used to be, you had to use a transform file to install Office on a
Terminal Server (or so my dim memories of Office 2003 on Win2003 TS
tell me). Is that still the case?

This seems to indicate that I don't necessarily need a custom install
file, I can do it manually. As long as I do the same thing, into the
same locations, on all 3 Session Hosts, so the app finds what it
needs.

Deploy Office 2010 on a Remote Desktop Services-enabled computer
< http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg593610(v=office.14).aspx >

Is it really as simple and straight forward as the above page seems to indicate?