[THIN] Re: Group Policy Registry extension - Cool Tool!

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 23:03:51 -0700

I am interested to hear more about how your doing automated builds with
GPOs...

Joe

On 6/29/06, Rick Mack <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi People,

It's been bugging me for a while that we couldn't do reg_multi_sz registry
values 'cause stipulating the pagefile size was the only tuning thing we
couldn't do via group policy in our automated builds. And then there's stuff
like binary strings (eg explorer detail view, toolbar settings etc) that
you had to do by scripting, regfiles etc.

Came across the DesktopStandard PolicyMaker Registry Extension which plugs
into GPEdit and GPMC and adds support for pushing out ANY registry value via
group policy. This includes binary and reg_multi_sz values and *it's
freeware*.

The link to the extensions download site is
http://www.desktopstandard.com/DownloadGo.aspx.

DesktopStandard also make a number of non-freeware GPO extension tools
that make application security etc hugely easier to configure by group
policy.

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
Volante Systems
This e-mail, including all attachments, may be confidential or
privileged.  Confidentiality or privilege is not waived or lost because this
e-mail has been sent to you in error.  If you are not the intended recipient
any use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail is prohibited.  If you have
received it in error please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and destroy all copies of this e-mail and any attachments.  All liability
for direct and indirect loss arising from this e-mail and any attachments is
hereby disclaimed to the extent permitted by law.