[THIN] Flicker with java icaclient v9.4

  • From: "Andrew Wood" <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:43:05 -0000

Hi,

I'm connecting to a w2k3 hosted CPS 4 farm with the java 9.4 client to a
published application (ms powerpoint) in a seamless connection.

No matter what I try I get a distinct 'flicker' when the application first
loads. This is apparent as a white flash band across each focused window as
the app loads. I've tried reducing the colour depth, increasing the colour
depth, enabling/disabling compression, setting the TWIDragBoxType mode to
solid and to none. Disabling/enabling the local cache. I've even tried
connecting to a completely 'clean' farm in case there was a back
hotfix/service pack issue.

I don't get the issue if connecting with the win32 client. If I downgrade
the client to 9.3/9.2; even 8 I get the same issue.

So, is this 'normal' - do others experience a distinct 'flicker' when you
connect with a seamless java client. If not, any other ideas what might be
the cause of it?

tia.
Andrew Wood
Sunderland