[THIN] Re: Filemaker to PDF

  • From: "Steve Raffensberger" <sraffens1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:52:43 -0500

Filemaker to PDFWe encountered this problem where I used to work. We added
an old 2 or 4 gig drive (not raided or anything) locally to the Citrix
server to act as the PDF repository. Once users created their PDF files in
it, they could open Explorer and copy them from the repository to their V:
drive. They could also map to it from their PC and copy it that way. We
didn't worry about backing it up because the data is recreatable. You could
use a nightly robocopy to transfer the PDF's over to a file share for
backup/archive if you feel that's necessary. We worried more about garbage
collection. We just ran a nightly script that deleted any PDF's older than
two days.

Hope this helps,

Raff