[THIN] Re: Failed to remove server from Farm errors

  • From: "cherie.watts" <cherie.watts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 15:10:48 +1000

Hey Tony

I have seen this before. Citrix have utility "DSverify" that checks the
integrity of the Data Store. It has a number of switches with it. I have not
used it, so I can't give you a lot of info on this tool. But I do know it comes
with a warning "This tool may corrupt your Data Store", which I thought was
ironical. So definitely backup your DB prior.

Otherwise there is a citrix tool "queryhr.exe", I think the version released
with FR2 has a switch that will allow you to delete server entries from the
database. From memory, I think the use of this tool for deletions post SP3/FR3
was discouraged and the version released with SP3/FR3 doesn't have the delete
switch. But I could be wrong, :) I am sure someone will advise if I am.

I have used this utility without any problems. It was also a XP SP3/FR3 farm I
used it on as well. But I took the normal precautions(backed up the db)and it
was a Testing farm anyway.

I definitely recommend checking out the following citrix articles.
CTX471713
CTX101682

I am a little nervous about offering advise so definitely check the citrix
articles. But I hope I have helped. Am endeavouring to be a contributor to the
list, to attempt to repay for all the help I have received. :)

Good Luck

Cherie Watts