[THIN] Re: Ethernet splitter

  • From: "Matthew Shrewsbury" <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 12:14:41 -0400

I have used them in the past and they are just a wiring system (no hub).
Cat5e only uses 4 wires and the other 4 for shielding. It uses 4 for
each PC...in theory it should be slower because of interference but I've
never been able to tell the difference.

Matthew Shrewsbury, MCSE+Internet MCSE 2000 CCA

Network Administrator