[THIN] Re: Error with GPO (piab2.adm) and GPMC (Group Policy = Managment Console)

  • From: "Daniel Schoppmann" <dschoppmann@xxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 22:43:18 +0200

Hi Rick, hi Frith

Rick wrote:

Hi Frith and Daniel,
Felt really stupid today when I realised that the reason I wasn't seeing the
homegrown adm policies was that I'd forgotten to untick "show only managed
policies" in the view detail options. In the case of PIAB.adm, the solution
was even simpler, put quotes around the "!!notes" entires. Sigh....
Regards,
Rick
Ulrich Mack

Daniel:

I finished my tests with GPMC on an english Windows XP looking on my
(mostly) english DC AD.
Same error:
The following errors were encountered:
The .adm file
"\\DEMA0S001.b.group\SysVol\b.group\Policies\{DF81E9F8-AAF3-4F12-9884-0B6329
FD1528}\adm\piab2.adm" is not in a valid format and must be replaced.
Details: A string is expected at line 372.

Also tested in our test lab (only english DCs)
Same error !
You only have to activate 1 policy of piab an GPMC will report the error.

Than I read what Rick wrote. That sounds very interesting.
And now the important question:

Have anybody already typed all these quotes around the "!!notes" so that I
don't have todo it myself.
BTW I am not so familiar with gpo-adm's and don't really know where to put
the quotes exactly.

Hope anybody could update the piab2.adm and send it to Jim, that he could
put it in the download area !

Ciao, Daniel

dschoppmann@xxxxxx
http://www.schoppmann.com/