[THIN] Error after renaming Citrix server - SOLVED

  • From: Lennart Koschella <lk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:34:42 +0200

Hello!

I haven't got any answer to my question shown below, neither on this list nor from Citrix whose knowledgebase even doesn't mention this error code 519.

I had to rename two of our MFXP servers, and to be sure, I removed the servers from our farm, renamed them and re-installed Metaframe afterwards. The servers appear in CMC with their new names, but if I click on one of them, sometimes an error window appears:

"The license list is incomplete. An error occurred while getting the information. Error Code: 2c1/800a001b"

CMC shows an empty product code for these two servers, maybe this is the reason for the above mentioned error. When I try to type in the correct code (0A00-0C32 for XPa), another error window appears:

"The product code could not be changed. Error Code: 519"

Any hints?

Just for the archives the solution in our case (it took me several hours to narrow this down):

It was a name resolution problem. It is VERY important that the "backwards" DNS resolution (GetNameByAdress) provides the REAL name of the Citrix server, not an DNS alias! This has been messed up for some reason in our environment, as soon as we corrected this, all licenses and product codes show correctly in CMC and no errors occur anymore.

Try a "ping <servername>" and check if the name shown in the ping answer is the same you pinged.

With kind regards,

Lennart Koschella
System Adminstrator
University Hospital Tuebingen/Germany

This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
Would you like to learn? -- Free for a limited time!
users, and time of day possible problems exist.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=320
********************************************************** Useful Thin Client Computing Links are available at: