[THIN] Re: Tales from the Field - Sessions within Sessions

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:50:39 +0100

Just a thought, but can you not redirect the .ICA filetype to the client device?

Still on 1.8 here, so I'm just making stuff up as I go along :)

Andrew
--o--

>>> ARTADMIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 13/08/04 19:42:59 >>>
I'm evaluating how to improve my customer's citrix implementation
as I upgrade them to XPe.  They are currently using NFuse.  Their
citrix boxes have been configured for pass-through, but login is
delayed because the user is prompted by a legal notice.

I want to remove the legal notice from the server, and place it
on the NFuse portal, where it belongs; logically speaking; since
as it stands right now the legal notice is appearing after users
have gained access to the resource.

The customer has several thin-clients, and they are concerned
that the legal notice will not appear for them, since the
thin-clients don't have browsers to access NFuse.  I think I have
that one beat.  I plan on publishing IE w/ NFuse url in kiosk
mode, anonymously, then configuring the thin-clients to
autolaunch that app.  They will then authenticate to NFuse, and
launch apps normally.  It will essentially be a citrix session
within a citrix session.  I'm not concerned with CAL use, because
all the servers are the same OS with the same MetaFrame FR.  I am
a little concerned about server load though.  Anyone do this before?

I also found that they were publishing individual apps - many of
which do not require drive mappings.  First - their domain login
has no logic for TS Sessions.  Knowing all the things admins like
to put in login scripts, they have agreed to add logic to the
login script to break out in case it is executed from a TS
Session.    Now I will be able to programmatically control when a
published application will need drive-mappings.

This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
users, and time of day possible problems exist.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=320

http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id20