[THIN] Re: DISABLE UNC

  • From: "Andy Lalaguna" <Andy.lalaguna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 17:31:06 -0000

try the following

P.14 of http://www.thethin.net/mftunetip.pdf
section C27

Set IgnoreLinkResolver entry to fix shortcuts resolving to UNC paths
issue.

Explorer stores not only a drive indicator (N:\ Dir\ App. exe) but a UNC
(\\ server\ share\ app. exe ) indicator in each shortcut file. If your
copied shortcuts seem to point to their original location instead of to
the drive letter shown, change this entry to disable UNC resolution
first.

"HKLM\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Current Version\ Policies\
Explorer"
        "LinkResolveIgnoreLinkInfo"=3D 1 (REG_ DWORD)
                See Q195887 for full details.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;195887

HTH, andyL