[THIN] Excel "not enough memory" error problem

  • From: "Nilson Souza" <nilsons@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 09:28:40 -0800

Hi guys,
Somebody already posted a similar problem in this list but I couldn't =
find any solution for this problem.
 Here is the problem that I'm having : When a user tries to open an =
Excel file (which is located in a file server, not in the Citrix =
servers) that is already opened by another user, the user gets a message =
"Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not =
enough memory or disk space".
The user who is attempting to open the Excel file should have got that =
message "File is already open, bla bla bla. Do you want to open the file =
in Ready-only?", but instead, the user cannot open the file even in =
Read-only mode. The file only become available after the other user =
closes the file.
My Citrix servers have plenty of memory, so I'm positive this is not the =
problem.=20
I'm running Metaframe XPa FR2 on Windows 2000 SP3 servers. I'm aware =
that there are some issues with the SP3 for Windows 2000. Does any one =
know how to fix this problem? Do you think that a downgrade to Windows =
SP2 will solve it?

Nilson de Souza
Network Analyst