[THIN] Re: Controlling Virtual Memory Usage

  • From: "Angela Smith" <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 22:45:48 +1100

Evan

I am having the same issues in regards to keystroke delays and intermittent hanging in sessions. I have enabled Memory optimization to see if that makes a difference. Will keep you informed. Failing this I will look at Appsense

Ang

From: Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Controlling Virtual Memory Usage
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 08:35:03 -0500

Piggy backing onto the virtual memory usage.  I have very high virtual
memory usage, even though I have 1 to 2 gigs of physical memory free.  I
also have plenty of idle CPU but I have heavy complaints of a slow user
experience, such as Outlook keystrokes not appearing as they are typed.

I have plenty of bandwidth (10mbits upstream with only 3mbps used), and
the users complaining have plenty of up/down bandwidth available.  Could
high virtual memory and paging cause this type of performance problems,
or would it be unrelated?