[THIN] Re: Clear History bar/cache on a Windows CE device

  • From: George Yobst <george2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:50:07 -0800

Public Web Browser
http://teamsoftwaresolutions.com

Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net wrote:
Anyone?

OK, I need some help on this one. I thought it would be easy. Maybe one of the thin client vendors who customize CE can help me out. We have about 50 webtablets at our branches running either Windows CE or CE .Net. The vendor's image doesn't seem to give us any possible way to clear the drop down typedurl history or the cache on Internet explorer.

I thought a batch script maybe but no dice...no command prompt is available.
A reg file to clear the typedurl key? Again no dice, regedit isn't on the
machine. My idea was some sort of JavaScript or activex control that
performs this functionality that I could just stick on a webpage on my
intranet server, which I thought someone out there surely must of written
something like, but I am coming up empty handed.

So does anyone have any ideas or solutions? This is really getting my goat!
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Jim Kenzig
http://thethin.net

George Yobst, Library Technology Analyst        phone: 503.723.4890
Library Information Network of Clackamas County   fax: 503.794.8238
16239 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Suite 208         web: http://www.lincc.lib.or.us
Oak Grove, OR 97267-4654                  email: george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"...it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn
 what he thinks he already knows."  - Epictetus