[THIN] Re: Clear History bar/cache on a Windows CE device

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:00:26 -0500

there are lot of people selling these ce devices that have no clue.  The first
two I bought here were like Jim's.  No way to save settings or easily restore
an image after a reset.  No tools, nothing.  And they seemed put out when I
complained about it.  they didn't know a thing about CE.  Every time the
battery ran out, they had to be setup again manually.  All the wireless
settings, ica connections etc took a while.  Even worse if I had to do it over
the phone with a nurse who was late with her work because of it.

Just like the CE thin clients, these things come down to the management tools
provided by the manufacturer.

for those who care, we now buy the Neoware Voyager tablets.  they have all the
tools and support in place so these things never lose their configuration.  And
if you do a hard reset, all you have to do is pop a compact flash card in and
run a utility and you are back again.

Greg