[THIN] Citrix Servers and RAM

  • From: "Jon Luchette" <jon.e.luchette@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 10:14:22 -0400

How much RAM can a Citrix Presentation server support?  I know that with
Windows Server 2003 Standard I am limited to 4GB, but with Enterprise I can
go up to 64GB.  However, I read this article from Brian Madden:
http://www.brianmadden.com/content/article/The-4GB-Windows-Memory-Limit-What-does-it-really-mean-
and it sounds like there is a 2GB kernel memory limit regardless of which
version of Windows 2003 Server you run and with Terminal Services, all users
are affected by this kernel memory limit.  Is that a fair statement?

Without virtualizing, how much RAM can I realistically put in a Citrix
server and take advantage of?

Thanks guys!