[THIN] Re: Citrix Products [Scanned]

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:10:32 +0100

To be honest, I dont know for definite, as we're on 1.8 right now and about to
go straight to mps3 ourselves! As far as I understand it, it still uses the
same styled CMC, although am not sure if its a true MMC now, or still the Java
app as in XP.

The really big thing about MPS3 that I can see is the whole zones thing. You
can now split your licenses and administration up properly. Theres also some
multimedia speedscreen performance hikes, but thats not that great :) (im sure
theres a couple of other things new/improved, but cant remember them right now!)

I would imagine that if you're okay with MFXP, then a read through of MPS's
admin guide would probably tell you all you need to know

Andrew
--o--

>>> Dave.Hornby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/09/04 15:58:07 >>>
I've already got XP Fr3.  The trouble is I have a client that wants to
upgrade from 1.8 and I don't know anything about MPS3.

Is it much different to MFXP Fr3 to administer and configure?