[THIN] Re: Can I Disable the New - Shortcut menu option in explorer

  • From: "John A. Vorchak" <jvorchak@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:37:05 -0500

Mark,

HKCR\.lnk\ShellNew
HKCR\.lnk2\ShellNew

Rename both ShellNew keys to ShellNewNotUsed (or whatever).  This
probably will not completely remove the menu item (depends on OS), but
it will disable their ability to create a shortcut.  If it does not
remove the item from the menu list (probable), then if they select to
create a new shortcut, it will just create a new file that will be of
absolutely no use to them...

HTH

-John

John A. Vorchak (eMVP)
Vorchak Software
Custom Windows XP Embedded and
Windows NT Embedded Components and Solutions
jvorchak@xxxxxxxx