[THIN] Can I Disable the New - Shortcut menu option in explorer

  • From: Mark Lee <marklee15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:54:19 +0000 (GMT)

Does anyone know of a way to disable the New SHortcut option from explorer
desktop or folders.  We have a locked down system, OS drives hidden etc. but
someone twigged that they could create a shortcut to an OS app - NET.EXE so
they can send naughty messages to other users !  It's now rapidly approaching
epidemic proportions as other students are now learing this 'new' trick and,
well the result is fairly obvious, espeically when the data server is the
target and all connected users get the message !

Any help/pointers appreciated.

Mark

With Yahoo! Mail you can get a bigger mailbox -- choose a size that fits your
needs