[THIN] Re: Blackbaud

  • From: Paul Higgins <PaulHiggins@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:14:24 -0500

We're running Raiser's Edge v7 with the database on Windows 2000 and the
clients on NT 4.0 TSE.  When we were considering installing it about four
years ago or so, a Blackbaud tech told me that they ran Terminal Server
in-house, even though they didn't publicly support it at the time.

I can't recall any issues we've had with Raiser's Edge due to it running
under NT 4.0 TSE.  In fact, the few problems we had were with v6 and were
quickly resolved.

We've got about 50 users on our NT 4.0 TSE server, about five of them
running Raiser's Edge.  No Citrix here.

Using TScale from RTO Software helps.  It saves us about 90 Mb per Raiser's
Edge user.

Paul Higgins
American Baptist Assembly/Green Lake Conference Center
Green Lake, Wisconsin, USA