[THIN] Re: Average Salary?

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 07:32:20 -0700

Not necessarily.  Most of those salary surveys are flawed.  When I worked
in Silicon Valley (4yrs ago), I managed 14 servers, 200+ workstations, WAN,
LAN for 10 offices in 9 countries.  I made about less than $50K.  Some
salary survey was posted two yrs ago regarding municipal jobs and they
quoted the City I work for as paying 30% more than what we really make.
You can imagine the uproar it caused.

I bet they are all inflated so that they can sell the magazine, etc..

adam

                      "MadProfessor"

                      <madprofessor@sbc        To:       <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                      global.net>              cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [THIN] Re: Average
Salary?
                      thin-bounce@freel

                      ists.org

                      02/18/2003 05:27

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      thin

Well...That definitely shed a little light on the subject... Anyone
else?

Here's a tidbit of information about how badly I'm being screwed: I make
around 25% of the rate stated below..... Man, I work for cheap bastards!