[THIN] Automatic Caching

  • From: "Eric S. Perkins" <esp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 06:34:30 -0600

Happy New Year!

When using the automatic caching features for document shares on windows
2000 file servers, does a Metaframe/Terminal server hold cached shares
machine wide or per user?

We want to implement these features server wide for our mobile users,
which may or may not have remote access where they are traveling.  It
would be a lot easier then configuring all laptops individually.

We were concerned about disk space issues on the Metaframe servers; does
it have any benefit for the Metaframe server?

-Eric S. Perkins

Performance Network Solutions <http://www.performance.ws> : Outbound
message clean.

Virus Database (VPS): 12/28/2003
Tested on: 12/30/2003 6:34:30 AM

This Week's Sponsor - Chip PC - The Next Step in Thin Client Technology.
Choose from a wide range of options offering industry-leading, innovative thin
client solutions
http://www.chippc.com/products/hardware/index.asp