[THIN] Re: Assigning printers

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:03:27 -0400

unfortunately, the CMC provides no way for you to assign a default.  Why they
did this is beyond me. Its like only having half a feature. The CMC also
assigns them after scripts have run so you can't script a default post creation.

I run all my users off of mandatory profiles by group so printers is always a
concern since I have a "nurses" group at three locations.  I create and default
printers based on group membership in my logon script with Kix.  I made case
statements that create by location, then another case statement that looks for
another group to set the default.  Works out well in the end.

Also, be careful assigning printers wit the CMC.  Sometimes it will create with
an insanely high copy count like 330 or 1600.  I can't remember which SP/FR is
supposed to fix this.

Greg