[THIN] Assigning printers

  • From: "Schneider, Chad M." <CMSchneider@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:19:07 -0500

I have recently started assigning printers to some groups of people, while
turning off their auto-creation of client printers.  This was done to curb
confusion, ease printer selection, shorten the name of the printer and just
all around make life livable.  Seems to be working well for the users.  They
like it.

Two things....

1)  Even though they are not admins of any kind, and could not see other's
printers before (that I am aware of), many now see their assigned
printer(s), as well as what appears to be all of the others auto-created
printers on that server.

2)  When I connect to the servers, and look at printers, while I can seethe
auto-created client printers, I can now not see the assigned printers of the
groups/users set for them.  I know they are connected, I know they have the
assigned printer set, but I do not see them.

Thoughts?

Chad Schneider
Technology Analyst
Bemis IT