[THIN] Re: Antwort: Re: CITRIX freezes for 30 seconds

  • From: "Jan Broucinek" <tinybeetle@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:40:42 -0500

I originally sent this in April of 2004, I think most of it still
applies.
There are many Office XP issues and general W2K3 issues. Here are
things that I've gone through to get our servers stable and scaled up.

Have you attempted to upgrade to SP3 for Office XP? It fixes quite a
few bugs, one of which is Outlook reminders.

Look in MS KB at 816513. There is an issue where you need to install
the App compatibility toolkit "act30pkg.exe" and create an SDB file
for
Office. There was a performance problem with Terminal Server and the
'EmulateGeutUiEffects' feature that is fixed by doing this.

Look at KB 833041 (You should be able to add this to HKLM to enable
this for all users).

KB 321169 addresses slow SMB performance.

KB 265396 also addresses slow performance, look at the 'More
Information Section'.

Check KB 317357 This should be included in W2K3 but you may want to
set the RegistryLazyFlushInterval.

As Rick Mack has pointed out before, KB 232476 still applies, I just
maxed the values out.

I shut down Opportunistic Locking KB 296264. Word Cache size helps a
bit if you have RAM it is KB 322345 (This can be set for all users by
applying to HKLM) I set mine to 1024.

KB 326526 is very necessary if any of these things are installed.

These should keep you busy for a while.

Jan Broucinek, System Manager
Arthur Rutenberg Homes, Inc.
(727) 536-5900 voice