[THIN] Re: Adobe Std tool bar icons

  • From: Ben Pelzer <Ben.Pelzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 10:16:00 +0100

Hi Ronnie,

You can do this easy with a GPO:

Go to User Configuration, Policies, Administrative Templates, Windows
Components, Internet Explorer, Security Features, Add-on Management
The option you want there is Add-on List
Enable this option and use the Show button to add the Add-on you want to
disable
The Valuename is the GUID of the Add-on and the Value is either 0
(disable) or 1 (enable)

To search for the GUID of the Adobe Add-on in IE see this site:
http://www.systemlookup.com/lists.php?list=1

To check the name of the add-on you need to search for on the site
mentioned above:
Open IE and go tot Tools, Manage Add-ons, Enable or Disable Add-ons

Hope this helps,

Ben

On 12-01-2011 7:22 PM, "thin-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<thin-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Msg: #3 in digest
>Subject: [THIN] Adobe Std tool bar icons
>Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 12:55:20 -0000
>From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
>
>Hi,
>Is there an easy way to remove the integration of the adobe tool bar
>icons on windows 2003 R2.
>
>Adobe version is Std 7 ..they appear in IE 8
>
>I have put permission on a folder to stop them in Office but they still
>appear in IE
>
>any pointers would be great.
>
>thanks
>
>Ronnie