[THIN] Re: Adobe Professional

  • From: "Medeiros, Jim" <jdmedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 11:59:43 -0500

Actually, I ran into some 'minor' issues.  The key is that I only own some
many copies of Adobe Acrobat Professional, however, we use Adobe Reader for
everyone.  I currently have an issue where the Pro version reset the file
type association for .pdf files to use the Pro but not everyone has access
to that application, therefore, they get an error when they try to view a
.pdf.
I've fixed the problem for any new profiles that are created on the Citrix
server, however, I don't know how to easily fix the 100's of current
profiles that have the wrong file association.

Does anyone know of an easy way to set the file association for .pdf to use
Acrobat Reader for all the current profiles on my Citrix servers?

Specs:  Metaframe xpe 1.0, FR3, SP4 with Adobe Creative Suite 2 Premium with
Acrobat Professional as both a published app and published desktop.  Also
have Acrobat Reader 7.0.8 only through published desktop.

Thank you in advance,

Jim Medeiros

  _____