[THIN] Adobe 7.x Reader Editing PDf files and Mandatory/ Hybrid Profiles

  • From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 23:37:56 -0000

I have found a bug in Adobe 7.x and was wondering whether anyone else had come
across the issue.

Since Adobe 7.0 it is possible able to modify certain pdf files depending on
how they were generated. The PDF files also have an emdedded Adobe Trusted root
certificate. 7.x.

We have use Hybrid profiles and have now found that Adobe 7 does not actually
work with PDf files that can be edited.
This can be for any user including local admins and domain admins.

This also is the case if a local profile is simply renamed to ntuser.man.

Anyone seen this ?