[THIN] Re: Adding Web Interface Server to DMZ

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:59:48 +1100

Hi Tony

The external customer already has access to the DMZ area.  Therefore Im
assuming I do not need a secure gateway or access gateway appliance.  My
concern is actually how the Web Interface will fit into the existing Citrix
Infrastrustructure.

IE If I install a standalone WI server in DMZ, what ports do I open and how do
I configure the WI to talk to Production Citrix farm?  Do I need to use
ALTADDR?  Should I install I 4.6 even though the other WI servers are 4.2?

What is the best way to achieve this?

Thanks
Angela

From: tony.lyne@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:09:19 +1300
Subject: [THIN] Re: Adding Web Interface Server to DMZ

Hey Angela,

You would be best to configure at least the provided Secure
Gateway option which comes with Presentation Server. Use this in conjunction
with Web interface and you’ll be able to securely deliver applications using a
secure means. The PDF’s supplied with the Web interface/Secure Gateway
components
on the CD tell you the rest.

Alternatively you can use an Access Gateway, but this is an
additional expense.

Tony Lyne

Consultant

Senior Systems Engineer

  +64 6 353 7300

  +64 6 356 6800

  +64 27 472 0696

  tony.lyne@xxxxxxxxxxx

  www.gen-i.co.nz

53 Queen
Street, PO Box 1470,

Palmerston North, New Zealand

  "This communication, including any attachments, is
  confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read it -
  please contact me immediately, destroy it, and do not copy or use any part of
  this communication or disclose anything about it. Thank you. Please note that
  this communication does not designate an information system for the purposes
  of the Electronic Transactions Act 2002."

Your Future Starts Here. Dream it? Then be it! Find it at www.seek.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Ask%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_Future&_m=EXT